The lesser of two weevils...?
Sometimes, life in the city leaves me incredulous. I am not sure if it is Tokyo per se, or just life in general. But honestly, who knew that accidentally leaving a packet of Weetabix in the back of the cupboard where you couldn't see it for a year would result in a plague of little flying bugs?! According to a very informative link courtesy of a good friend, the little ******s are almost certainly rice weevils. I believe they are all dead now, the amount of bleach with which I doused my kitchen almost killed me. The "weevil website" says they are particularly resistant to attempts on their lives and pretend to be dead... it worked too, until I read that. Now I bet they wish they had never darkened my door. I took a somewhat grim satisfaction in obliterating them; it was almost as fun as jongudmund's "shoot people" game, but not quite. The only thing I can't quite figure out is how a packet of weetabix would result in rice weevils and not the other sort.....
Still, as I often say, life here is one Big Old Hurrah...
Still, as I often say, life here is one Big Old Hurrah...
Labels: Disgusting Bugs


2 Comments:
and you slated my vlad the impala joke. 'lesser of two weevils'! hah!
At least I didn't call it "Better the Weevil you know...."!
Post a Comment
<< Home