The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A new idea for Hitchcock...?

Yes, I know he`s no longer with us, but trust me, if he were, he would want to remake his film "The Birds" and nattily re-title it "Curse of the Cicadas". Yes, I am still on this. Since my post yesterday, the bugs from Hell have obviously formed a guild and are out to get me. There has been one screeeeeeping around my balcony for the last 2 and a half hours. Trapped between my screen door and the wall and the washing machine, it`s driving me and itself mad by endlessly trying to escape, settling on the door for a few minutes and then slowly crawling from the bottom to the top like some nasty little sneak before trying to do another runner. I am convinced the scummer is seeking weaknesses in my screen door and after I go to bed it`s going to force its way into my room and crawl all over my face....All I can say is, praise the Lord for the invention of screen doors... if I was at home and had lef the window open for a bit of fresh air, he and his mates would not doubt have barged into the flat and smothered me where I type... Then again, I don`t think we have them at home...


And there are people who say they are harmless?? Oh please, it`s quite clear they are trying to take over the planet...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home