Pastor Idol (Sorry C--, it was so good I had to nick it!)
It`s been a while, mostly because I`ve had the Koinonia and the PSC to deal with. Koinonia turned out better than the last one which was good. Although, actually, it hasn`t been distributed yet, so it might just be me that holds that opinion.... The last two weekends have been about the visiting pastors and I`ve been exhausted. Tonight was our meeting where we were intending to reach a decision and call one of them. We talked about it, didn`t agree, talked about it some more, didn`t agree and then talked about it some more and STILL didn`t agree. All this punctuated by copious amounts of pizza and praying. I wish it had been even slightly productive. Essentially, I can`t see us ever reaching an agreement where we are all happy and I am gutted. I feel really emotional. I had convinced myself that tonight would be the night to end all the responsibility and the worrying; instead there`s just going to be more of it. It`s endless. The burden I thought would be lifted has just got heavier. I wonder why I ever agreed to do this. I really do. I mean honestly, what do I care who our pastor is, as long as it isn`t someone hideous, I rarely saw the last one anyway. Whichever way you look at it, someone isn`t going to be happy, someone`s feelings are going to get hurt. The whole thing is horrible. I`d rather stay in my room and eat crisps. Instead I have a new teacher arriving tomorrow so I have to go to work extra early to make sure everything is clean and tidy and that we don`t scare the poor chap to death, oh, and I have to prepare his "welcome to the team probabtioner`s pack." I kid you not.
Labels: TUC


2 Comments:
"I`d rather stay in my room and eat crisps."
Some things don't change then...
As constructive and supportive as ever, jon....!!
Post a Comment
<< Home