The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

All systems normal...nothing to report.

Surprisingly, I find myself absolutely speechless this evening. Which those of you closest to my rants, will probably find unbelievable. Today was completely uneventful; no one in the office had a fight over who was the most childish, no one had a mini-breakdown over the lack of enthusiasm on behalf of our students this afternoon, no one broke anyone else`s mug or nicked anyone`s pen. Furthermore, no one had a spack attack and threatened to resign, no students complained, none of the staff made any schedule mistakes or forgot to put an additional student on the schedule, and no one told any totally inappropriate obscene jokes... well, until the end of the shift when Spencer and Steven needlessly started quoting some appalling film lines, that is.... In fact, it was so quiet today that I thought for a couple of hours that I was in some kind of surreal drama where my reality had been replaced by my ideal. I didn`t even get attacked by any cicadas, and the one who had taken up residence on my balcony last night seems to have gone home... not only did I have a great day at work, but FINALLY, amidst all the angst of Israel and the rest of the Middle East, and the threats to BA flights, there was some GOOD news on CNN today... they think they have actually caught the man who murdered JonBenet, the little pageant queen, at last... Maybe life isn`t that bad after all...


Meadfoot beach, Torquay... home is where the heart is...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home