The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Thursday, February 07, 2008

All quiet...

Well they say no news is good news... I think we all know that in my case, the opposite is true.. I am only truly quiet when things are SO bad, I just can't talk about it any more. We thought things were going to get better when G-comm bought NOVA. How naive. They are in fact, difficult as this might be to understand, actually worse than NOVA ever were. They have been arbitrarily firing people and finding reasons not to renew contracts ever since we all went back to work, with the result that I am actually meeting with some lawyers tomorrow. It's all really long and complicated and I'm not sure I could adequately explain it and it would certainly be very dull in any case...
All this on top of not having been paid for X weeks, and my one shining, sparkly, the world is actually alright moment - ie. My SOLO on choir Sunday was a disaster. Well, I say disaster. It never happened because a week before hand, I came down with a sore throat that by Thursday showed no sign of improvement and I dragged myself to the doctor to discover that I had tonsillitis and so I got to church on Sunday and had the privilege of listening to Kumiko doing it. I can honestly say that no matter what had happened in my life before that moment - I have NEVER, EVER been SO GUTTED in my entire life. EVER. Needless to say that I blubbed my way through the entire thing and used up a good portion of my box of tissues. I have added a couple of Diva Moments to my side bar - the duet with Kumiko (the real Diva) I was really pleased with, the other one was really disappointing although it felt and sounded (I'm told) much better live.... I'll probably be coming home in May... More another time. Oh by the way, the spell checker isn't working and I'm too lazy to do it manually... so if you have any complaints - take them up with the management.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home