The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What did I do...

...to annoy God this month...?

There is another damn roach in my flat. ANOTHER one. Bizarrely however, since this one is a baby, I am actually not that bothered by it and when it ventures out again I WILL get it and I will probably get a very sick sense of satisfaction out of relieving the little piece of nastiness of its breath. What DOES bother me though, is a) how fast do they grow and will I be able to rid myself of it before it is big enough to become a problem...? and b) if there is a BABY roach in my flat... where the hell are Mum and Dad and its brothers and sisters....? and c) It's October - it should be too cold for roaches by now... why is it here...?

I have a class of 5 senior boys on Wednesdays that are becoming the bane of my life... There's Yasuyuki who is way too clever for his own good and bored as all hell although he tries to put up a good show for the teacher, nice boy. Ryousuke who is the kind of kid the program is made for, loves English, tries hard and is smart enough but not too smart to learn from it and understand what is going on. Houju, another nice boy but doesn't show up very often because of the final two Yutaka and Shunpei. They always turn up together and they are always between 10 and 25 minutes late which for a 40 minute class is just STUPID. Then they have the cheek to complain bitch in Japanese that they don't understand what is going on and can't do their work books properly... Little shits. They do however, pale somewhat into insignificance when compared to Masaharu and his sister, Mika who are half Filipino and whose father is a member of the yakuza and, so I have been reliably informed, he even has a little finger missing. They are HORRIBLE little brats who egg each other on, refuse to speak English at all, when we are learning L, M, N, O, P - Masaharu sings C continuously. Kanako told them we were calling their mother today which usually instills the very fear of God into the kids but they weren't at all concerned... later on I actually sent Masaharu out of the class which usually makes children start crying and beg to stay but he just picked up his bag said "ok" and told Kanako he was going home...! I hate kids. I HATE them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a text from Kaoru a few hours ago saying that Nova has gone bankrupt!

Not much I can say really. At least you're coming home.

Take care.

Love Mel xxxx

About the baby roach - mummy breeds like rabbits so don't be surprised to see the rest of family out on a day trip in your bathroom. Go to the big chemist near the station and get some roach killer. Not a lovely job but somebody has got to do it.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anything I can do to help?

Love Mel xxx

Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:29:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home