The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Game Over.

Well, the weekend sucked fairly royally, it began with a twisted ankle on Thursday night and continued on Friday morning with a trip to the doctor (about something else) who said I should have the camera thing down my throat to find out what's wrong with it. NOVA collapsed and then the typhoon hit us so the rain and clouds obscured Mt Fuji all day Saturday. Nancy said "Don't worry, it can't get worse" at which point I broke my glasses and not even the resident Scout Mistress had one of those little screwdrivers, (luckily by some freak of forethought, I had actually packed contact lenses though) then the giant mutant mosquito that had broken into our room decided that I was breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper, no one else got bitten and I'm allergic, so as well as a hangover of monumental proportions, I had a swollen wrist, arm and knee to deal with. On the other hand, I went outside on Sunday morning and I saw this, and despite everything... I had to smile...
(It's Mt Fuji, by the way, in case you hadn't guessed...)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home