The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Friday, August 10, 2007

Revenge....

...may be a dish served cold .... and I am sure it was very mean and unfair of me but I got my own back on Jordan today. As usual, he was spouting an utter load of rubbish and being generally annoying and making Eleanor grind her teeth and then he asked who was in VOICE and so I told him and then said "Oh and Sachiko came in toward the end, which was nice." because Sachiko *is* very nice... always contributes and will talk to anyone which a lot of students won't. Jordan says "Oh yeah I love Sachiko - she's like RIDICULOUSLY intelligent!!"
Sachiko, is talkative, well-informed, reasonably eloquent in her non-native language of choice and extremely nice. However, having met several people who really ARE too clever for their own good, I would not even when being ultra nice put her in that category. Eleanor nearly spat out her tea and I found myself saying "Just because someone is more intelligent than you, doesn't mean they are RIDICULOUSLY intelligent...!" I felt a bit bad about it, but I think it was probably my greatest come-back ever...
I'll probably have to delete this in about 10 minutes in order to avoid looking like the biggest bitch ever...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home