I actually laughed so hard today that I cried. That hasn't happened in so long, I can't remember... So of course, I have to share.
The powers that be, decided to organise a series of fixed events in VOICE rooms across the country as a way of attracting more visitors to the schools. These events were to be aimed at very low level students and would introduce language for travelling.
Obviously when the staff thrust papers under my nose while I am in the middle of something else, I have the unfortunate tendency to either, completely ignore them or to sign them, say "Yes, whatever you want is ok." and ignore them. In this case, that happened to be a bit of a mistake as it meant that I had not realised that one of those events was today. On the upside, I was doing overtime which meant I was on hand to prevent it being a disaster. I quickly nominated Frank who is the VOICE coordinator to do the one on shopping and said I would do the UK one next time as it was difficult to rearrange the schedule due to Gio not being KIDS trained and Eleanor despising kids even more than I do. So we got the lesson management plan off the computer ran through it and did the preparation and Frank was all set to go. Then Ken arrived. Ken is an extremely difficult very high level student who likes to come to VOICE and stick his nose in a Korean study book - don't ask. So Yoshimi, our manager came running in and said "Oh no what shall we do?!" and I said very firmly "Well, it's been advertised and we can't guarantee that no one else will come so Ken has a choice. He can either do the shopping VOICE, or he can come back later." All of had to really stifle a smirk, I must say, when word came back that Ken had elected to do the shopping VOICE. So then Frank started having a spack attack... oh no what do I do if Ken refuses to do it etc etc... now the thing is, Ken is actually known for doing exactly that but we all told Frank had to put his foot down.
So after the shopping VOICE, we asked Frank how it had gone and he said that predictably Ken had tried several times to get out of doing the games and Frank had made him do it. Now one of the games had featured anagrams of clothing on the whiteboard and Ken had done the activity in 2 minutes flat. Not known for being quick to think on his feet, Frank hadn't made it difficult for him, and when I asked him why he hadn't made it more difficult, Frank had said he didn't think of it and asked for some examples. Before I even thought about it, the word pantaloons had come out of my mouth, Eleanor started guffawing and said doublet and hose, I quickly followed with knickerbockers and before we knew it, the staff room had degenerated into raucous shouting and laughing as we all yelled out slightly dubious clothing words. Amongst the classics were, spandex, truss, brassiere, hosiery and diaper but what really made us all howl and brought tears to my eyes as I fell off my chair was when I heard the words incontinence pants come out of my mouth...
Probably you had to be there.
Also on the plus side, as a cheer up exercise, we all thought of rap names for ourselves
Gio = Vitamin G
David = Doctor Pegg (his family name) aka the Peggmeister aka the Peggmeister General
Eleanor = Aefro Chique
Frank = Frank the Fridge aka The Fridge aka Fridgeman
And me, B Tez B
Guess who the real rappers are!
The powers that be, decided to organise a series of fixed events in VOICE rooms across the country as a way of attracting more visitors to the schools. These events were to be aimed at very low level students and would introduce language for travelling.
Obviously when the staff thrust papers under my nose while I am in the middle of something else, I have the unfortunate tendency to either, completely ignore them or to sign them, say "Yes, whatever you want is ok." and ignore them. In this case, that happened to be a bit of a mistake as it meant that I had not realised that one of those events was today. On the upside, I was doing overtime which meant I was on hand to prevent it being a disaster. I quickly nominated Frank who is the VOICE coordinator to do the one on shopping and said I would do the UK one next time as it was difficult to rearrange the schedule due to Gio not being KIDS trained and Eleanor despising kids even more than I do. So we got the lesson management plan off the computer ran through it and did the preparation and Frank was all set to go. Then Ken arrived. Ken is an extremely difficult very high level student who likes to come to VOICE and stick his nose in a Korean study book - don't ask. So Yoshimi, our manager came running in and said "Oh no what shall we do?!" and I said very firmly "Well, it's been advertised and we can't guarantee that no one else will come so Ken has a choice. He can either do the shopping VOICE, or he can come back later." All of had to really stifle a smirk, I must say, when word came back that Ken had elected to do the shopping VOICE. So then Frank started having a spack attack... oh no what do I do if Ken refuses to do it etc etc... now the thing is, Ken is actually known for doing exactly that but we all told Frank had to put his foot down.
So after the shopping VOICE, we asked Frank how it had gone and he said that predictably Ken had tried several times to get out of doing the games and Frank had made him do it. Now one of the games had featured anagrams of clothing on the whiteboard and Ken had done the activity in 2 minutes flat. Not known for being quick to think on his feet, Frank hadn't made it difficult for him, and when I asked him why he hadn't made it more difficult, Frank had said he didn't think of it and asked for some examples. Before I even thought about it, the word pantaloons had come out of my mouth, Eleanor started guffawing and said doublet and hose, I quickly followed with knickerbockers and before we knew it, the staff room had degenerated into raucous shouting and laughing as we all yelled out slightly dubious clothing words. Amongst the classics were, spandex, truss, brassiere, hosiery and diaper but what really made us all howl and brought tears to my eyes as I fell off my chair was when I heard the words incontinence pants come out of my mouth...
Probably you had to be there.
Also on the plus side, as a cheer up exercise, we all thought of rap names for ourselves
Gio = Vitamin G
David = Doctor Pegg (his family name) aka the Peggmeister aka the Peggmeister General
Eleanor = Aefro Chique
Frank = Frank the Fridge aka The Fridge aka Fridgeman
And me, B Tez B
Guess who the real rappers are!
Labels: Work


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home