What the hell is wrong with my life?
Absolutely nothing. So why the hell is the general dissatisfaction I have been feeling since I was about 13 only growing? I always imagined that I would have it all figured out by now. Or at least reached a tired acceptance of what is to be. And if I were on the outside, looking in - I would think my life was totally cool. I live independently in the middle of what is hailed one of the most exciting cities in the world. I essentially get paid for sitting around and chatting, although there is *slightly* more to it than that. I am quite well-read, reasonably articulate, I can hold a conversation and write a letter in Japanese. I will never become a Diva of international status but I can more than adequately carry a tune - (provided you like classical arias) And I get to stand in for Kumiko when she is on holiday, which considering that when I joined the choir, if Kumiko was away on a Sunday when a soprano solo was required, we did a different piece - now I do it- is progress, especially if you know anything about Japanese culture. I've been to several other countries and have stood on the Great Wall of China. I will never win a beauty pageant but that's ok, having to look gorgeous all the time would be tiresome. I will probably never win the Pullitzer, although I think I am more than averagely eloquent, but that's also ok. I get to do 24 hour karaoke whenever I can be bothered and am blessed with a huge number of people who are crazy enough to want to be my friend. I have the best hair (!). I have everything I could possibly want. I even have religion, although at best I suppose my relationship with God could be described as tempestuous. So why the hell am I not HAPPY? Why can I not just look at my life and go "you are damn lucky"? What the hell is wrong with my life....?


<< Home