Well, I promised you household items...

First up, Kitty and Daniel Hina festival mugs, free with points from Mr Donuts and given to me by a student; they actually come with these cardboard bits that make them look as if they are wearing
the costumes. I couldn't be bothered setting them up for a photo since they actually live in a box not on the shelf! Kitty chopstick rests, I bought these when Yuko and Kuniko came to visit but actually, we didn't end up using them, hence the cellophane. The snack savers were a little leaving giftette from another student when I left Asakusa. And really, who could be expected to resist a Kitty mini padlock or a Puffer Fish Kitty bottle topper?! The nail brush and the shoe polishers were part of my Secret
Santa 
the costumes. I couldn't be bothered setting them up for a photo since they actually live in a box not on the shelf! Kitty chopstick rests, I bought these when Yuko and Kuniko came to visit but actually, we didn't end up using them, hence the cellophane. The snack savers were a little leaving giftette from another student when I left Asakusa. And really, who could be expected to resist a Kitty mini padlock or a Puffer Fish Kitty bottle topper?! The nail brush and the shoe polishers were part of my Secret
Santa 
present along with a pair of pink socks - and to think I was worried about my chopsticks! 
Kitty storage case on wheels, perfect for the hamsters' bedding and stuff.I can't remember which watch broke and forced me to buy this one, but I can't say it matters now anyway! The weirdness continues with these glow in the dark angel plastic things for sticking on your ceiling and a Kitty mini-disc! A selection of my Kitty stationery - Gothic Lolita Kitty
again along with Ikebukuro Kitty (the one with the owl), Fireworks Kitty, A Kitty Kanji practice pad, two very cute notebooks, the Bath Turban Kitty one was from Mel, the other came in one of those obnoxious
"Happy Sacks"! Year of the Rooster Kitty letter seals, the little notebook is Kitty dressed as Azumi, another film character based on a comic, Emory gave me that one. He just brought it in one day because he knew I liked Kitty - so sweet and to think I once made him go to the 100 Yen shop on his break and buy me some hair slides because my hair was driving me mad! He
actually came back with quite a good selection of shiny star clips! Kitty Face Oil Blotting papers from Kyoto, they are about a year old now, so I'm not sure how effective they would be if I tried to use them but the paper has
these cute water marks on it, shaped like Kitty's face, obviously. Some random dolls that I forgot to put in the last post - the grey one
was given to me by Carolina as an apology present, I can't even remember what she did. I was impressed until I found out that she got it from MacDonalds with a Happy Meal! The one in the middle I won at the game centre, she was wearing a skanky piece of khaki coloured fake felt
as a waistcoat when I got her, so I made her a little dress out of navy blue stretch denim and a green flower for her head! It really is tragic, absolutely tragic. Finally coming to the end of it now, with my Kitties from other countries. The rather odd looking brown thing is a Kiwi - unsurprisingly from New
Zealand and it was another present from Adam, the other three were given to me by Bill and Sunsook, incidentally, I am still waiting for my royal telling off via email, I am hoping she has forgotten....! I like to refer to them as Korea Kitty 1, 2 and 3! The one I forgot to put in my first Kitty post is Shibamata Kitty - that's where I live. There are actually 2 of them- Shibamata is famous
for a series of films along the line of Chaplin, starring a character called Tora San; that's the one I don't have. This one is dressed as the famous ferry-man. I've never been on it. Having spent far, far too
long on this little project of mine, I have realised several things. One is that if you actually made it this far without throwing up, falling asleep or removing me from your address book, you must truly be my friend - thank you! (Alternatively, I suppose you could be in need of psychiatric help or just have less than nothing to do...!) I also realised that
way too many people for my own good give me presents, it's nice to be so highly thought of that they remember an insignificant fact such as that I have an insane liking for this little cat. So as jongudmund pointed out in his most recent post, next time I am in a strop about nothing, I should count my blessings. The most important one by far being that I have a lot of friends and
they are all perfectly super. The last lesson I have learnt
is that I have too
many Kitties in my house and that even though individually the ones I have actually bought myself are not that expensive, added together I could probably have financed a major aid project. That is sad. I am reforming my spending habits.And so, to end with (possibly as a joke, I was never sure) - a gift from the student who told me early on in my teaching career that the waitresses in a picture were "servicing the men." Anyway, Mel hated it; it's the pride of my collection- I think we all understand why...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home