The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This is getting ridiculous...


This is Kitty dressed as Nana, a character from a movie of the same name, starring Mika Nakashima. The cool Nana who is a rocker, not the annoying cute one who squeaked all the time...
And on the left, a Kitty from the new-ish range by a famous designer whose name I forget. Pour Lolita, it's called and she comes in punk, pink and this one...
And here we have the jumbo sized stuffed doll version of Gothic Lolita Kitty which was given to me a former student.
This Blue angel Kitty was, I think the very first Kitty I bought in London during Japan year in 2002. Still cute although the ink ran out a millennium ago and it's a strange size so I have to buy refills and cut them!
PinkRibbon Kitty; an absolutely vile colour but some of the proceeds went to breast cancer research so of course, I had to buy it. SanrioPuroland Kitty and Lantern, and Kitty's House Kitty mobile phone strap. Irresistable.
This delightful doll in traditional dancing costume was a gift from another former student, Yurie who went to live in Hawaii - a great shame for all of us teachers because she was an absolute star. His and hers Kitty and Daniel mobile phone straps, I think I got these in another "Happy Sack" but I really can't remember...
Next up, a collection of Kabuki inspired Kitties. These tiny ornaments were the second Kitty purchase I made after coming to Japan, I have no idea who they are supposed to be but I thought they were pretty. These two came from a story about a bloke called Yoshitsune who was the younger half-brother of a Shogun and they had a falling out and so Yoshitsune went on the run disguised as some kind of priest and then, when it became apparent that the shogun knew he was disguised as a priest, so he disguised himself as the porter of the priests. Then his retainer, Benkei (the one with the staff) tried to convince the border guard Togashi (the other one) that they were all priests and that he should let them go. I won't ruin the ending because it was very good and you might want to see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home