Letters, 4.
This may well not appeal to certain readers; as ever, I write this for myself. If you wish not to read it, don't.
Dear Colin,
It has been a fair while since our last correspondence. Frankly I have been trying to concentrate on more important things, so I let the fact that during the children's talk a few weeks ago, you suggested the children follow the leaders of our church blindly instead of thinking for themselves about whether they are being led in the right direction and the making a decision for themselves, go. This morning's sermon however, frankly appalled me. Preaching on Esther and Mordecai was a good topic, preaching on standing up, and trying to challenge people's thinking and doing something to make a difference was inspired. You then exhorted us to use our God-given gifts to do the same. If I had not being trying so hard to restrain my sarcastic laughter, I would have cried. Given the events of recent months regarding my own use of my gifts and attempts to challenge people's thinking and your response to that, forgive me if I ask How Dare You? How ******* DARE you?
Yours etc etc
Dear Colin,
It has been a fair while since our last correspondence. Frankly I have been trying to concentrate on more important things, so I let the fact that during the children's talk a few weeks ago, you suggested the children follow the leaders of our church blindly instead of thinking for themselves about whether they are being led in the right direction and the making a decision for themselves, go. This morning's sermon however, frankly appalled me. Preaching on Esther and Mordecai was a good topic, preaching on standing up, and trying to challenge people's thinking and doing something to make a difference was inspired. You then exhorted us to use our God-given gifts to do the same. If I had not being trying so hard to restrain my sarcastic laughter, I would have cried. Given the events of recent months regarding my own use of my gifts and attempts to challenge people's thinking and your response to that, forgive me if I ask How Dare You? How ******* DARE you?
Yours etc etc
Labels: Letters to Boy Wonder, TUC


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home