The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Analyse this....

Well, as I am actually feeling somewhat better about life since my last rant - possibly due to actually having had the rant - I thought I'd just pop on and blog a couple of dreams which have troubled me this week.

I was on a train as part of the TUC Youth Group {doesn't take a genius to analyse this one} and the train did not have any doors on one side. My friend Jason Kueh {who in reality leads Home Group 4 which is how I know him} was messing about with someone else who I either didn't know or just can't remember and he reckoned he could put his head outside the train and not fall out. Everyone was telling him not to but as the train went through a tunnel, he did. He was decapitated and there was blood everywhere, then his body fell out of the train as well. Needless to say there was a lot of screaming and La Hayman {of presidential fame, see my last post} came in to see what was happening. The train was stopped and there commenced a search for Jason's body which could not be found anywhere... there was other stuff but I don't remember it clearly.

The second one was last night and was about work.

A load of new teachers, some new to the company, some new to the branch, were in our teachers' room. One of them was a Texan girl with cropped bleached hair. Later in the day after we had all introduced ourselves I was messing around, I think I might have been on my way home or something but I decided to get changed into my jeans before leaving. {Since company policy is that we must be in office attire at ALL times when in and around the building, this was a bit rebellious especially since I am supposed to uphold company policy and set an example, not breach it blatantly} The Area Manager happened to be in the office as well but I didn't seem to care and was prancing about the teachers' room in jeans and a T-shirt with bare feet, the Texan bleached blonde was by the door wearing a chiffon scarf over her hair, muttering to herself and there was weird Middle Eastern music coming from somewhere. I danced about near her just as she was turning around and she started screaming at me that my bare feet had ruined her prayer cycle and why the hell hadn't I had the decency to at least wear some socks. I was stunned and she stormed off talking to herself about having to do it all again. Then one of the other new teachers said he had been supposed to give me a message several days ago but he had forgotten; special etiquette quality control had called and said the Texan girl was a fundamentalist Muslim and that they were going to send a pack in, telling us how to deal with the situation so as not to offend her sensibilities in any way. {We have personnel quality control - foreign personnel, and education quality control - education planning, but I'm pretty certain that special etiquette quality control came out of my fevered imagination.} I had a bit of a go at him and then the dream changed into a situation in the ruins of a castle in Wales where Tej had changed into my former friend Maninder and she was having a go at me about offending her religious sensibilities as well.... {Strange, since Tej is Hindu and Maninder is Sikh and I couldn't give a monkey's frankly as long as they aren't satanists but I wonder why no one is bothered about offending mine.... I heard that they've taken baby Jesus images off Christmas cards at home....apparently it might offend non-Christians....}

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home