The Big Old Tokyo Hurrah

Life in the city from a small town perspective...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom

Bought a house in a village in South Wales, have a reasonably nice view of tree-covered mountains all around. Still haven't found a better job... maybe next year...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

RIP SONY VAIO

I do not even know where to start. This has been the week from Hell. They say bad luck comes in threes. If that`s true, hopefully I`ll be immune for a little while...

First my council tax bill arrived - it is four figures in GBP.
Second, NOVA lost a court case and has been punished by not being allowed to make any sales for 6 months - frankly the bad publicity on top of all the rest this year will probably kill them so I may not have a job by the end of the Summer.
Third, and worst of all, my computer died last night.
What that means in practical terms is no email. No blogging. No iTunes. No DVD player. No photo editor. It makes my digital camera a complete waste of money and my iPod will never get another update. It means no chatting, it means all the things I actually *enjoy* doing have been taken away and I am going to have to go back to doing embroidery with the radio for company... The internet cafe is all very well but thanks to the murder earlier this year, I no longer feel safe wandering around by myself at night... so I will be able to check in about once a week, maybe less. Gutted does not even start... I know it`s a complete overreaction but I feel like my IV to life has been ripped from my veins; I`m actually going to have to start reading the newspaper... blech. So I guess in short what I am saying is, don`t expect to see the Hurrah updated for a significant while.

I have to say some things before I sign off though. I haven`t had time to finish talking about my exploits in Singapore but all in all I had a fantastic time, I always wanted to go to Raffles when I was a child but I never imagined actually going there - Singapore always seemed like it was *too* exotic, you know, the sort of place your Granddad actually went in The War but normal people under normal circumstances would never get to go. Thanks to Bill (who`s hardly had a mention yet but always makes me laugh) and Sunsook, my dreams came true... the question is, how on earth do you thank someone who quite literally - in the case of Raffles- hands you your dreams on a plate...? I don`t know, but I suspect I`ll spend a long long time trying to think of a way. Thank you both...

Until I sort my computer problems out then, it`s been one Big Old Hurrah, thanks for reading...

Orient Bird.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home